As Lux Review has reported earlier, Australia is powering ahead with fast adoption of LED and a growing lighting industry. This industry is studded with illuminated minds, or as Lux’s columnist Lance Stewart would call them, ‘luminairies’ (no, that’s not a typo).
It would be a shame not to pick their brains, so here is a list of predictions from bosses of the world’s hottest lighting companies.
To glean more insights and find out who said what, watch the video at the bottom of the article.
1. A high uptake of smart lighting controls is entirely possible – Australia has already laid the ground work by embracing LED lighting widely.
2. In the future, all objects will have in-built chips that can talk to each other. This ‘Internet of Things’ will spark new inventions that we can’t even fathom yet.
3. In this connected future, we’ll need to make sure we’re still covered if the wi-fi goes down.
4. Smart controls are still too expensive and too complicated to appeal to the residential market, so they mainly get used in commercial settings.
5. For this to change, controls have got to become simpler.
6. The light switch won’t disappear – it will work in tandem with smart devices.