SYLVANIA Lighting is recalling its Start Track spot integral luminaire over fears that it could pose a potential electrical shock hazard.
The company emphasised that the recall is a voluntary action undertaken as a precaution, as no incidents have been recorded to date.
In a statement, Sylvania said that in very rare cases, the internal wiring insulation can be become defect while adjusting the luminaire.
This poses a potential electrical shock hazard.
In all, 12 models which were sold both directly and via electrical wholesalers and other distributors between March 2019 and February 2020 are affected.
They range from the 1350 lumen package version up to the 5000 lumen version in both black and white.
Concerned customers who believe they may have one of the affected models are urged to contact the company directly to arrange the collection of the units.
Affected models include:
- 5422 START Track Spot Integral 1350lm 930 MB WB WHT
- 5423 START Track Spot Integral 1350lm 930 MB WB BLK
- 5424 START Track Spot Integral 2700lm 930 MB WB WHT
- 5425 START Track Spot Integral 2700lm 930 MB WB BLK
- 5426 START Track Spot Integral 4700lm 930 MB WB WHT
- 5427 START Track Spot Integral 4700lm 930 MB WB BLK
- 5428 START Track Spot Integral 1500lm 940 MB WB WHT
- 5429 START Track Spot Integral 1500lm 940 MB WB BLK
- 5430 START Track Spot Integral 3000lm 940 MB WB WHT
- 5431 START Track Spot Integral 3000lm 940 MB WB BLK
- 5432 START Track Spot Integral 5000lm 940 MB WB WHT
- 5433 START Track Spot Integral 5000lm 940 MB WB BLK
The Start Track Spot Integral is a popular fixture in retail, hospitality and commercial applications. Its unique selling point is the absence of a driver box and no visible screws
The spotlights have very precise light beams due to the high quality lenses, which vary from a standard 36 degree light beam angle to 64 degrees.
It’s available in 3000K and 4000K colour temperatures with a colour rendering index of 90. RAL colours for the housing include white (RAL9016) or black (RAL9005) and the models feature a global adapter GA69 for mounting on Global Trac Pro three-circuit tracks.
If you believe you have one of the affected models, contact Sylvania HERE.