Emergency

A SHEFFIELD landlord has been fined £50,000 for a catalogue of breaches of fire safety standards, including the absence of a certificate for the emergency lighting. Although Naveed Hussain brought it an electrician in July to test and repair the fire alarm and emergency lighting his two adjacent properties in Pitsmoor Road, Sheffield, it was...
Emergency

A COMPANY has been fined £80,000 for not maintaining the lighting in a fire escape which led to death of an 80-year-old pensioner. The Market Village Company Limited admitted failings which resulted in the death of Frank Finnie, who was found at the bottom of a stairwell in an indoor market in Aberdeen. The firm,...