Hospitality/Leisure

THE OWNERS of a Cardiff takeaway ordered to pay over £21,000 and handed suspended prison sentences following fire safety offences which included an absence of emergency lighting. The owners of Marmaris Kebabs on Caroline Street appeared in Cardiff Crown Court following multiple breaches of the Fire Safety Order. During a routine inspection, fire safety officers...
Home page

A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD boy was electrocuted by ‘defective’ lighting in the garden of an Essex pub, a court has heard. Harvey Tyrrell, died when simultaneously touched the cabling connected the exterior lighting and a metal fence at the King Harold public house in Romford in 2018.  This week Colin Naylor, the 73-year-old electrician responsible for installing...
Residential

A FIREFIGHTER who set up a downlight manufacturing company has spoken of the ‘light bulb’ moment that inspired him to launch his own enterprise. Bob Ward, who tackled many blazes in his years with the Royal Berkshire Fire & Rescue Service, including the Windsor Castle fire in 1992, was once asked to share his fire...
News

A FRENCH groundsman has been killed after a large lighting rig fell on him following a football match. The volunteer at Brittany club FC Lorient, who has not been named, is believed to have suffered a heart attack after he was hit by the steel structure.  The powerful lighting rig, which is used to stimulate...
Emergency

A SHEFFIELD landlord has been fined £50,000 for a catalogue of breaches of fire safety standards, including the absence of a certificate for the emergency lighting. Although Naveed Hussain brought it an electrician in July to test and repair the fire alarm and emergency lighting his two adjacent properties in Pitsmoor Road, Sheffield, it was...